Market and Industry Research
Links of Interest
You can find information on all aspects of running your business through our exclusive access to SBDCNET, a national business information clearinghouse at http://www.sbdcnet.org/. It is dedicated to meeting the information needs of the nationwide SBDC community with timely, relevant information at no charge. The web site contains a multitude of links of interest to aspiring entrepreneurs, established small business owners, and business researchers including: business plans, industry information, associations, Spanish-language business documents, and other publications.
In-Depth Market and Industry Research
While it offers a plethora of information that you can access immediately, the industry and market research services of SBDCNET are available only to MDSBTDC Business Consultants assisting clients with a specific request for information. These services are more in-depth and can include: market research, demographic information, basic patent and trademark searches and business maps. If you require additional research, ask your local MDSBTDC Business Advisor to submit an online information request to SBDCNET for you. The typical turnaround time is 17 days and there is no limit on the number of requests submitted. Please note that business consultants do not receive legal or medical interpretations or extensive marketing lists.
Other Research Resources
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) - Research specific industries and small businesses
- SEC Edgar Database - Search all documents filed by public companies
- Census Bureau - Demographic information
- Compensation Cost Trends
- SBA Dynamic Small Business Search (DSBS) - An electronic gateway for and about small businesses. It is a search engine for contracting officers and a market research tool for small firms.
- Maryland State Data Center (SDC) - Official partner with the U.S. Census Bureau. The SDC monitors development trends, analyzes social, economic and other characteristics and prepares population, housing, employment, labor force, and income projections, which provide the baseline for planning for growth and development in the State.
- Maryland Labor Market Statistics