The Corridor Region would not be able to provide our high quality consulting and training services to you without the strong support of our funding partners. We are greatly appreciative of everything they do to enable us to effectively serve you in helping you achieve your business success.
DED is the place to turn to for assistance in locating and growing a company in Montgomery County, Maryland.
They can help you by:
- Identifying potential buildings and land for your operations
- Supplying market research data
- Serving as an ombudsman with county agencies and processes
- Providing information on our many tax and incentive program
- Delivering technical assistance to small, and minority-, female- and disabled-owned businesses
- Conducting job fairs to help you find the employees you need
- Identifying potential grants, contracts and sources of capital and, much much more!
The Howard County Economic Development Authority (HCEDA) is a public-private partnership whose primary goal is to promote economic growth and stability by supporting existing businesses, targeting new businesses and attracting corporate and regional headquarters. Its role, central to its mission, is to be a catalyst for economic growth and sustainability in Howard County. Quality economic development is critical to the County's future to ensure an adequate tax base that will maintain and sustain the high quality of life that its residents have come to expect and deserve.
The Bowie BIC will be a key educational resource and driver of entrepreneurship and new business growth in Bowie, Maryland. The role of the Bowie BIC is:
- To accelerate the growth of the existing knowledgebased, and professional service firms in Bowie, some of which are minority-owned, many of which are currently home-based businesses, and increase the economic impact of these enterprises on the business base of Bowie.
- To meet the development needs of a broad group of small and entrepreneurial enterprises which could be built around the expertise and technology of federal organizations and laboratories near Bowie, including NASA, NSA and APL.
- To help attract new, growth-oriented entrepreneurial businesses to the Bowie area.
The mission of the Anne Arundel Economic Development Corporation is to support business and serve as a catalyst for business growth in Anne Arundel County thereby increasing job opportunities, expanding the tax base and improving quality of life.
By providing investment and technical assistance and fostering community revitalization initiatives, the AAEDC plays a vital role in enhancing commercial districts, improving county infrastructure, increasing agriculture-based business and promoting high-value business sectors such as technology and national security.
To accomplish its mission, AAEDC:
- Recruits new businesses to locate in Anne Arundel County and assists in the expansion of existing businesses;
- Anticipates and addresses workforce development needs of the county's business community ;
- Promotes Anne Arundel County as a premier location for business ;
- Provides advocacy for Anne Arundel County businesses undergoing the regulatory and approval process;
- Provides financing assistance to county businesses ; Incentivizes redevelopment and revitalization along older commercial corridors;
- Promotes technology development and attracts start-up ventures through Anne Arundel County's technology incubator, the Chesapeake Innovation Center; and
- Promotes agriculture development and expands markets for agri-business.
Since its founding on July 30, 1953, the U.S. Small Business Administration has delivered millions of loans, loan guarantees, contracts, counseling sessions and other forms of assistance to small businesses.
SBA provides assistances primarily through its four programmatic functions:
- Access to Capital (Business Financing)
- SBA provides small businesses with an array of financing for small businesses from the smallest needs in microlending - to substantial debt and equity investment capital (venture capital).
- Entrepreneurial Development (Education, Information, Technical Assistance & Training)
- SBA provides free individual face-to-face, and internet counseling for small businesses, and low-cost training to nascent entrepreneurs and established small businesses in over 1,800 locations throughout the United States and US territories.
- Government Contracting (Federal Procurement)
- In keeping with the mandate of Section 15(g) of the Small Business Act, SBA's Office of Government Contracting sets goals with other federal departments and agencies to reach the statutory goal of 23 percent in prime contract dollars to small businesses.
- The office also provides small businesses with subcontracting procurement opportunities, outreach programs, and training.
- Advocacy (Voice for Small Business)
UM Ventures is a joint initiative of the University of Maryland, Baltimore and University of Maryland, College Park to commercialize technologies and expand industry collaboration.
UM Ventures is an initiative to channel the tremendous technical resources and research expertise of the University of Maryland engaging partners in industry and social ventures to expand our real world impact. By encouraging our students and faculty, providing expert advice and business services, more discoveries will reach the market. By engaging directly with external partners we will bring new investment, expanded markets and more startup ventures.
UM Ventures is organized to move research outcomes into products and services, tools and diagnostics that will benefit society.
Mining the research fields at both the Baltimore and College Park campuses in search of collaborative projects with commercial value
Mentoring and business advisory services with expert Entrepreneurs in Residence (EIRs) based at Ventures Baltimore and Ventures College Park, along with a team of technology licensing advisors targeting industry interest.
Innovators from the University of Maryland system can use this site to learn why and how to protect their ideas, how to share their ideas with others, and when and how to start a company.
Companies can find out about technologies and research tools available for licensing or learn about exciting University of Maryland startups looking for investment.
UM Ventures internal Advisory Board was formed in August 2012. Its members are the Deans of Business, Engineering, and Computer, Mathematical and Natural Sciences at UMCP and the Deans of Law, Medicine, and Pharmacy at UMB. The Board is co-chaired by the UMCP Vice President of Research, and UMB Vice President of Enterprise and Economic Development. UM Ventures is creating an External Advisory Board.
America's SBDC netwok helps American start, run and grow their own businesses with free, face-to-face business consulting and low-cost trainingon writing business plans, accesing capital, marketing, regulatory compliance, internation tradeand more.
In order to get into the import/export game, you need the international connections, tools, and information to make it happen.
SBDCGlobal.com is a powerful and free online trade platform that will link the 750,000+ clients of the Small Business Development Center (SBDC) networks in the United States, Mexico, El Salvador, Belize, and Tunisia with international trade opportunities. Direct access and connections to the clients of the Brazilian Micro and Small Business Support Service (SEBRAE) Network is also made possible for SBDC Clients through SBDCGlobal.com